Monday, August 02, 2004

Pour out. Pour in. Pour on.

Three stories kept coming into my mind yesterday.

Story 1
Elijah and the widow. She had only one jar of oil and some flour left. He said to feed him. She did. The result ? The oil and flour never ran out.
Pour out.

Story 2
Elisha and the widow. She needed money. He said to pour oil into as many jars as she could find. The result ? Every jar she found was filled.
Pour in.

Story 3
Jesus and the prostitute. She poured the expensive perfume on his feet. They said it was wasteful. He said her story will always be remembered.
Pour on.


Will I give what little I have to God, when He asks ? Even if it meant the world to me?
Will I miss the chance to experience the never-ending flour and oil ?

Will I limit God's abundant providence ? Or will I inconvenience myself to look for more jars - so that He can fill more ?

Will I keep the perfume to myself ?

"Like oil upon your feet, like wine for You to drink, I pour my love on You."

A drink offering. Poured out.
A pleasant perfume. Poured on.
An abundant blessing. Poured in.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home