Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Stillness

It's my research day today - which means, really do research or bum around. Like now. I've got tons of research to do - so many abstracts, posters and papers to write, it overwhelms me. I don't know where to start. Plus I've got to give a talk on human reproduction tomorrow to some nurses ... and I'm not even married ... but that's not the point - I've got powerpoint slides and pictures.
 
It's funny. I had just written about finding our rest and unclogging our lives when I get a page from the department secretary reminding me to "fasterly" hand up my presentation for tomorrow. I guess this is an opportunity to live what you preach. Perhaps I should preach less and keep quiet more. But then, I will never learn, will I ?
 
The trick is not running away from the stress. It's finding calm amidst the chaos. I pray I can sleep through the storm like Jesus did in the boat and wait patiently for Him to say to the tempest "Be still !" In the meantime, He whispers to me "Be still."
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home