Thursday, January 04, 2007

Mellowing maturity

They say you mellow with age. I was startled by how much I had changed over the last year or so when it dawned on me that my usual aggressive and combative nature was giving way to a more 'sedate' and 'accomodative' one. When just a couple of months ago I would have chewed up (verbally or otherwise) people who, in my opinion, were either incoherent or inconsistent or both; I found myself stopping to try to understand the circumstances behind their behaviour (albeit with sighs of resignation), and to 'explain' away their behaviour.

Maturity? Perhaps.

They say wine matures with age.

Vintage or vinegar? What am I becoming?

1 Comments:

Blogger Cranium said...

From the strands of grey that stick out of your slowly but surely receeding crowning glory, I would say you have mellowed with age.
Anyway, it is also difficult to chew when you are becoming edentulous... ha ha

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home