Monday, January 10, 2005

Paradigm Shift One

I had always looked at full-time ministry as a sacrifice. A sudden loss of regular income, a future of uncertainty, a turning away from the good life to one of austerity/poverty.

I cannot be more wrong.

Is it not a priviledge to be called ? Is it not an awesome thing to be in the payroll of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords ?

Sacrifice ? What am I sacrificing ? What am I giving up for ? What do I gain ? Ah... paradigm shift number one.

Read somewhere : The problem with the desire of man's heart is not that it is too strong. Rather it is too weak. We are too easily satisfied. We settle for material comforts and say we are happy. We settle for Christian mediocrity and say we have arrived.

Strengthen my desire for You, Abba. After Your own heart.

It is no sacrifice to plunge into something greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home