Sunday, December 18, 2005

Pre-Whirlwind Storm - Prologue One

It will take me some time to write about all the lessons that the Lord taught me in the last 4 weeks.

As with all good plays, there should be a prologue. But in my long-winded case, I have 2 prologues. I shall start on the first.

I was getting ready to go on the AGBC mission trip when Pastor Mary from WRPF called me on 13 Nov to ask me if I could be the speaker for her youth camp from 26-28 Nov. (The topics were Recharged through the Word, and Staying Recharged.)
Well to be honest, I both freaked out and was excited. Freaked out because I would have minimal time to prepare (I would only be back on 24 Nov !) and I still had our own ZGM Youth Camp from 2-5 Dec to prepare for. Excited because I saw this as another open door for ministry.

I asked for time to pray about it - well ... it seemed the most spiritual thing to do then... hehe

I also seeked advice from some people who cautioned me about burn-out. It will be an almost continuous 4 weeks...

The next day, I skipped lunch during work and went to the hospital park to pray. I had one hour. I wanted to know what God felt and needed to know if He wanted me to take this up.

I remember as I sat on the park bench and prayed, the ideas just came to my mind on what I should share and somehow my spirit was stirred and excited. Still I prayed that the Lord would show me if this was what I should do.

I ended my time with the Lord at 1.15 pm - still not knowing, and went back to work.

I had switched off my handphone earlier and did not read my messages until 2 plus in the afternoon. When I finally did, I saw this sms from a friend with whom I hadn't shared about what I had been praying for.

It said,
"But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles.
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

It was sent at 1.13 pm.

My hair stood on end as I realised what the Lord was telling me.
Wait on Him. He will renew my strength.
This was His promise and answer to me. And it had come right on time.

I wrote back to Pastor Mary immediately, telling her I was free for any sessions she felt led to put me in ...

This marked the start of a series of lessons about trusting in the Lord ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home