Friday, June 13, 2008

God will make a way

Surely it's not a coincidence that I've been asked the same questions a couple of times by different people over the last few weeks ...

"Hey, how old are you now ah?"
"What are your plans for the future?"

I would like to think that these are well-meaning people, and I most certainly think they are. Maybe I've finally aged enough for them to realise that I'm almost (the word is ALMOST) in my mid-thirties ... or perhaps they've finally noticed that I don't seem to have a definite career plan or path ahead of me ... which suddenly has become most disconcertingly apparent to even myself.

Was just sharing with a close friend recently that I seem to be excelling in neither of the two worlds that I am straddling. She reminded me that I've been so used to over-achieving that it's about time I had a sense of being an under-achiever; it's good to be in the low-ways after cruising on the highways most of my life.

A humbling experience definitely. One that ought to drive me to trust in the One who drives me.
I remember singing this song with new-found meaning after I received an email a few days ago which more or less crushed my hopes - "Did you complete your specialization?"

"God will make a way, where there seems to be no way,
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me,
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home