Monday, December 29, 2008

End of a season, beginning of another ...

It wasn't easy to click that "send" button today. After all, I've been in this familiar place since 2002, and I've grown to love the people here. I visited the LW and OT Recept on 26th Dec, and felt the immediate warmth from the staff there - old friends.

I'll miss them. I'll miss the irritating lift music. I'll miss the "ah-mah" who calls me "ah-di" most times and "doctor" only when she needs a prescription - she still remembers me when we meet at the corridoors even though I had officially left the division 4 years ago. I'll miss the bak-chor mee and the uncle who sells it - I have stopped vocalising my orders a long time ago - he sees me coming and he prepares the food automatically. I'll miss my boss - probably as quirky as I am, but one whom i respect immensely for his ideals.

And so i finally clicked the button at 5.30 pm. Symbolically it marked an end of a long season of my training in my life, yet somehow deep inside, I feel our paths will cross again, sometime, somehow.

Tomorrow I sign on the dotted line. Symbolically it will mark the start of a new season - probably another period of training - how long this time i cannot tell. I just pray for added grace, and faith.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home