Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ikan Bilis among Big Fish

Never felt more inadequate in a mission trip. After all, this trip consisted of bible college students, some of whom have been in the ministry for years, and of course, everyone else has had more salt than I had rice ...

What has a first year bible student like me got to offer to final year Masters students, Bachelor of Theology graduates etc ? Indeed one lady commented that I looked like her nephew ... Usually I would take that as a compliment, but in this case, I wished I had a beard and moustache to boot.

Anyway, I went ahead, feeling like a tour guide, since I was the only one in the group who had been to Bataan.

There are lessons to be learnt at every mission trip. "I wonder what I can possibly learn in this trip." I thought.

A basketful of surprises awaited me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home