Monday, November 08, 2004

Loss of Manhood ...

Certainly not mine ! My jewels are definitely and thankfully FULLY intact.

It's my cat ... I've been procrastinating about spaying him for months, even when he started spraying around the house, even when a female stray cat found her way to my doorstep one day - my aunt was wondering why Astro was sitting and looking intently at the door ... she has since put a big cardboard box outside the door (as if it would make a difference ...)

Anyway ... I was happily delaying the inevitable until 3 nights ago ... or rather 3 mornings ago (at the unearthly hour of 2 am), Astro decided to climb unto my bed and step all over me ... "Aww... how sweet to climb into bed..." I thought sleepily as I pur my arms around him to bring him to the other side ... "eh ... how come he's so wet ah ..." (sniff sniff) "EH ... HOW COME GOT SMELL AH?" (SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF) "ARRGH ! HOW COME MY BLANKET IS WET AH ?!?!?!"

Yes ... they say male cats spray to claim territory ... I had been claimed as his own.

Dragged myself out of bed. Changed the bedsheet. Changed the blanket. Blanket soaked through with pee. Put the blanket outside. All this after "manhandling" the cat...

Very cold. No comforter.

For the first, and I hope the last, time of my life, I slept in my sleeping bag on my bed. HOW STUPID CAN IT GET ?


Anyway ... the appointment was made for the surgery. Astro emerged very much alive and well, minus his jewels.

He is still banned from my room and bed until further notice...

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

hahahaha... i couldn't stop laughing as i read your entry. especially the part where you slept in a sleeping bag on the bed! that was hilarious!

troublesome cat! you should have just kept him in the drawer like you did to your last. haha....

11:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

hahaha...


"kept him in the drawer"?!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home