Saturday, January 14, 2006

Deja vu

The last time I complained about going to a wedding dinner on this blog was in July 2004 ... How time flies ! But it's the same deja vu feeling I'm getting - a mild depression - of having to go through the hassle of dressing up for the event (well ... not much of dressing up since my repertoire of wedding clothes hasn't changed much in 1 1/2 years), the tremendous boredom of sitting through a long tiresome 8 - 10 course dinner with people I may not know or do not now know, the insides-wrenching experience of seeing female friends with fake faces (take it whichever way you want - the make-up or the cover-up), the thumb-twiddling time-ticking minutes and hours spent hearing colleagues (mostly former now) talk about cash, car, career and child.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy 32-year-old who happens to have just woken up from the wrong side of bed after a much needed afternoon nap.

Now where's that grey Thomas Smith shirt I wore in 2004 ?

4 Comments:

Blogger Cranium said...

To me, few factors are important.
In descending order of importance:

1. Who I am sitting with
2. Quality of food
3. Need for ERP?
4. Complimentary carpark coupon
5. Availability of carpark

10:45 PM  
Blogger Womb2Tomb said...

left at 9.30pm to watch a movie. hehehe

10:20 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

conclusions drawn:
1. the dinner must have been boring.
2. the company you had at the table was not very engaging.
3. the conversation must have been pretty superficial.
4. the bridal couple weren't very close friends of yours.
5. you should stop wearing the same grey thomas smith shirt. i can actually picture it in my mind when i read that phrase.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Womb2Tomb said...

i realised most of my friends had become GP's.
my immediate "neighbour" at the table - a lawyer - talked to me about botox.
his immediate "neighbour" - a doctor - talked to me about mesotherapy.

well ... botox i can understand ... but surely i have no immediate need for mesotherapy !

anyway .... i couldn't find my favourite grey thomas smith shirt. so i wore my favourite yellow G2000 shirt instead.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home